» Employability Service:
EmployAbility Service provides employment support service for people with a disability and a recruitment advice service for the business community.
EmployAbility Service will:
- provide you with employment assistance and access to a pool of potential
- employees with varying levels of skills, abilities and training;
- provide ongoing support for both the employer and employee throughout
- provide a professional job matching service to help ensure successful
- provide advice and information on additional employment supports.
More information is available at:www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/EmployAbility-Service.aspx
Intreo is a new service from the Department of Social Protection (DSP).
Intreo is a single point of contact for all employment and income supports.
Designed to provide a more streamlined approach, Intreo offers practical,
tailored employment services and supports for jobseekers and employers
More information is available at:www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/jobseekers_home.aspx
» Job Interview Interpreter Grant:
If you are attending job interviews, you may apply for funding to have a sign language interpreter to attend the interview with you. Funding can also be provided to cover the costs of an interpreter during an induction period when you start work.
The Department will pay a fee as per the standard rate for a 3-hour period
using a professionally qualified interpreter. Travel costs for the
interpreter are paid at a set rate. Rates will be differentiated between
professionally qualified interpreters and others.
More information is available at:www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Job-Interview-Interpreter-Grant.aspx
» Workplace Equipment Grant For Work:
If you have been offered employment or are in employment, and require a more
accessible workplace or adapted equipment to do your job, you or your
employer may be able to get a grant towards the costs of adapting premises
Examples of adaptations for which a grant may be given are:
- Minor building modifications such as ramps or modified toilets;
- Alarm systems with flashing lights;
- Equipment adaptation such as voice synthesisers for computers or amplifiers
- A maximum grant of €6348.70 is available towards the cost of adaptations to
premises or equipment.
- This grant can also be used to upgrade adapted
equipment funded previously.
More information is available at:www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Workplace-Equipment-Adaptation-Grant.aspx